• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow and sluggish issues since the last CC update

Contributor ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what happened with the latest updated version of Adobe CC.
I am using InDesign. Ever since the latest upgrade, everything is moving much much slower.
When I load the same document that I have always used, it takes longer to load.
When I am editing the same document, things seem to be sluggish at times.
When I run any scripts on my document it takes three time as longer to run a script on it.
When I look in my task manager it shows 14 instances of Adobe CEP HTML Engine running.
Is that normal because it does not see normal to me?

Is there a way to downgrade to the last version because I did not have these issues before the last release?

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a follow-up after looking into my issue and a few other things.
This is ridiculous. Adobe what have you done to make things so slow and sluggish?

I have a very powerful laptop and lots of memory. The only thing that I use my laptop for is checking my emails and using Adobe products. The only changes that have taken place are the latest Adobe updates.

After the latest Adobe updates, this is what I am now experiencing.
My InDesign takes about 30 seconds to open. It used to open instantaneously.
The document that I use now takes 30 seconds to open. It used to open instantaneously.
Closing my InDesign document takes over 10 seconds. It used to open instantaneously.
Closing InDesign also takes over 10 second. It used to open instantaneously.

PhotoShop takes over 1 minute to open. It used to open instantaneously.
Illustrator takes about 1 minute to open. It used to open instantaneously.

I am not sure if “Adobe CEP HTML” has anything to do with this issue?

Adobe, please investigate this and help me get this resolved or fix this issue. I exclusively use Adobe products for publishing.Indesign.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have another follow-up on this.
I think I have this fixed. It seems that it may not have been just Adobe.
As I stated before, everything worked smoothly until I used the latest Adobe update.
That was when all Adobe products started running slow and sluggish.
I found out that there was a bios update for my laptop at the same time Adobe had its update.
I installed the bios update for my laptop and everything seems to be working smoothly again.
Fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update - if it persists do let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're glad your issue is now resolved. Thanks for sharing the fix with us. It'll definitely help other users having similar issues.

I'd also recommend you to try the suggestions given on this community post(https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behavior-of-indesign...) if you have such issues in the future. Hope they help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O my gosh to say it lightly.
This problem has arisen again.
I do not know what has transpired at Adobe this time.
It happened once before. I was able to fix it by updating my bios on my laptop.
Now it is happening again.
There was a Windows 10 update a couple days ago. Other than that, nothing else has changed or updated.

As I stated once before, I only use Adobe and Microsoft products on my laptop. This issue started again and is doing the exact same thing that it was doing previously.
This time my bios and software are all up to date.
I do not think it is just an InDesign issue because all my Adobe products are running slower than normal, extremely slow.
Can someone please help or offer some advice, I need to get back to the way InDesign was working before. My livelihood depends on it.

Here is a little feedback about my system.
My system/machine meets minimum requirements. In fact, it is more than what is required.
My files are saved on an SSD on my machine.
No changes have been made to my system at all other than a Windows 10 update a couple of days ago.
I have tried resetting the preferences and that did not resolve the issue.
I have not tried reinstalling the application because it is not only happening with InDesign. It is happening with all Adobe products. That tells me that it is something to do with Adobe in general.
Help!

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's hard to understand how it is an Adobe issue when you updated Windows and the problem occurred. 

If you updated Adobe and the problem occurred, sure it could be an Adobe issue. 

My Windows 10 machine was running very slow on me opening Adobe apps was slow. 

I did a complete reinstall of Windows 10 - which retained all my files by the way. 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10startfresh

Once I did this - the Adobe apps for me opened just fine, quicker, faster and better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am hoping this does not get taken wrong. If it does then I am sorry. I am a little upset right now to say the least.

If funny how programmers always try to blame other products for issues that arise with their product.
Let me know if this is correct and correct me if I am wrong. I believe Adobe writes the software to work with Windows 10 operating system. Windows 10 does not write their software to work off Adobe.

If Windows 10 has an update and then Adobe stops working properly. That means there is something in the Adobe’s software that is not working with Windows 10 and needs to be corrected. Wouldn’t you think that Adobe would find this issue and fix it to work 100 percent with Windows 10 operating system? They created their Adobe software to work on Windows. I would think Adobe would want to fix it right away.
I should not have to wipe my Windows 10 operating system and all software off my machine and reinstall the whole thing from scratch. I think if I were to do this, chances are that Adobe would still have the same issue and that would really tick me off.

I cannot afford to take the time to wipe my machines operating system clean and all other software on it and lose all the things I have on my machine. For one thing it is a very time-consuming process.
I did have time to do this, but I will take this a step further and I will uninstall Adobe InDesign and reinstall it from scratch and see if that will fix the issue.

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can only offer my experience - I don't work for Adobe, and I am not an Adobe employee. 

My experience this works. 

Things go wrong with computers every single day. 

And if it was a huge problem the forum would be flooded with similar issues.

As it's not, I can only assume it's down to locally on your machine. 

You got a Windows 10 update, all your Adobe apps stopped working correctly.

Either reinstall Windows from Scratch (takes half an hour and retains all your files - just need to reinstallt he Creative Cloud Suite).

Or - use the Creative Cloud cleaner tool.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

There is something wrong with your computer.

You need to maintain it. 

There's a lot of resources online to help you

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-app-doesnt-open.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-app-doesnt-open.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/download-install/kb/failed-install-creative-cloud-desktop.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-slow-lags.html

Just a few I found.

I wish I could help you more. But it's your computer. I can only suggest what I would do.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines