• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow Merged Document Creation when Using InDesign

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a commercial printer I use the data merge feature often, merging numbers from columns using a MS Excel spreadsheet to place numbers on raffle tickets. The last two or three times I've done this in just the last coupla weeks, it has taken up to a half hour to create the merged document. We're only talking about 250 pages, the merge has never taken more than a minute and now, it takes at least a half hour or more.

Any idea if something in the last update affected this?

TOPICS
How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

https://trainingonsite.com/145-how-speed-up-indesign-cc-2020.html

You could try shutting down all non-essentials like this article discusses, and see if it makes any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor , Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

I've heard of issues like that before. If none of the actions you've already taken succeeded, please open a NEW document and copy all over and setup the data merge again. While doing this you may keep all elements not needed in the merge on master pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try resetting preferences and restarting?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried resetting everything I know how. I restarted the program and even went farther by restarting the computers.

I've got the same issue on both the PC and the MAC.

I have only two tickets per sheet and only two numbers per ticket, it shouldn't take a half hour or more to do this merge.

It never did up until a coupla weeks ago.

Is there something in the preferences that I should be looking at in particualr?

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://trainingonsite.com/145-how-speed-up-indesign-cc-2020.html

You could try shutting down all non-essentials like this article discusses, and see if it makes any difference.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've heard of issues like that before. If none of the actions you've already taken succeeded, please open a NEW document and copy all over and setup the data merge again. While doing this you may keep all elements not needed in the merge on master pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BTW, are the pasteboards emptied out?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines