• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow performance and delayed graphics rendering of objects in InDesign 16.3.2 on macOS 11.4 Big Sur

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have recently received a new Mac and installed InDesign.  I had this installed on my older Mac as well, where I had no issues with InDesign.  On this new Mac, with far better specs, I am experiencing delays on the rendering of graphics on all of my projects.  When open an existing project, the graphics on the project appear momentarily and quickly disappear, leaving behind an emply rectangle with an "X" struck throu it.  It can take several minutes and upwards for the graphics to repopulate.  This is tripling (at least) the time it would normally take me to complete a project or even edit a project.  So far, I have attempted a reinstall, and have adjusted color settings (thanks to another thread in forums.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to remedy this issue?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to 16.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about your trouble. As mentioned above by @BobLevine, update to v16.3.2. We have recently released this update for InDesign 2021, which contains some stability fixes. We recommend you to update to the latest version.

If you still face slow/delayed rendering of objects, let us know. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion.  I have updaed to 16.3.2.151, but am still having the same issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additionally, performing any operation takes an extremely long time.  even scrolling through a project moves at a snail's pace.  and then control within the app is almost compromised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community,

I am still having the same issues and was hoping someone might have a suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry for the delayed response. I would request you to share a few more details like:

• Does InDesign slow down while working on a specific document? If yes, could you please share that document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link.
  • Where are you saving the files (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System / External HDD)?
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Are you using TimeMachine? If yes, please try disabling it as multiple users have reported that TimeMachine has slowed down some apps while they were working.
  • Does turning off Automatic Graphics Switching from Macbook settings (Both Battery and Power adapter) helps to resolve the issue? (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202043)

Also, please try booting the system into Safe Mode (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/start-safe-boot-mode-mac.html) and check how it works there. It starts your system to perform certain checks and prevent third-party software/ services from automatically loading or opening.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines