• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Snippet content defaults

Enthusiast ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a slug snippet to record the last modified time, sevice order number, file name and other info on my print projects. I prefer to use the 24 hour clock time vs: AM/PM. I set my snippet up with 24 hour time and the short version of the month, save it to my desktop and drag it in to my project slug area. 

Despite the fact that I save and set the last modified date/time as: Jan. 25, 2021 / 20:35, when I drag the snippet to the project it displays January 25, 2021 / 8:35 PM. If  I redefine the date/time after I place it in the project, it keeps the preferred definitions.

Is there a way to keep my original definitions instead of defaulting to the long date and am/pm time?

Thanks to those who know more than me,

Joe

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Hi Joe

The problem is if you are using the modification date variable, it is defined in each individual file. So when you pull your snippet into a new file, it's going to use the definition in that file. It sounds like you do this all the time so you can change the default: either for one document or for all new documents. Then, when you drag in your snippet, it will conform to that document's modification date variable's definition.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joe

The problem is if you are using the modification date variable, it is defined in each individual file. So when you pull your snippet into a new file, it's going to use the definition in that file. It sounds like you do this all the time so you can change the default: either for one document or for all new documents. Then, when you drag in your snippet, it will conform to that document's modification date variable's definition.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds great. How do I go about changing the default?

Thanks,

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Joe:

I explain how to edit system defaults (for all new files) and document defaults (for one file) in this post:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-setting-and-removing-defaults/

Let me know if you have any questions. 

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barb,

You are my Hero of the Day. That information is GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!

Thanks,

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've marked Barb's answer correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent. Always happy to help.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines