Highlighted

SOAP request for InDesign CC Server in non english language

Explorer ,
May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all:

I want to put in common a problem that I have had when calling InDesign CC Server 2018.1 from the Adobe's SOAP client "sampleclient".

I have in a server the InDesign CC Server 2017 in english language. My call is "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CC Server 2017\sampleclient" -host localhost:443 -server "Scripts:User:Scripts Panel:PubIndesign-arz:IndesignPublishingPathwayServer.jsxbin" fileInput="File".

As I've been having problems when applying MasterSpread I installed InDesign CC Server 2018.1, spanish language in another server to check if in that version the problem was solved.

When calling as in the other server, taking into account the version:

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CC Server 2018\sampleclient" -host localhost:443 -server "Scripts:User:Scripts Panel:PubIndesign-arz:IndesignPublishingPathwayServer.jsxbin" fileInput="File"

I always get an error message:

"The script file specified can not be found. The format is relative to the Script folder. For example "Scripts:sub folder:my script.js"".

After seeking on Internet and reading many times the "Introduction to Adobe InDesign CC Server 2018 development" document the solution that I found was to put the absolute path to the script.

But an idea arised into my head, and I tried "Scripts:Usuario:Scripts Panel:PubIndesign-arz:IndesignPublishingPathwayServer.jsxbin".

IT WORKED!!!!

Does it mean that for other languages as french or german the call should have the word User in the corresponding language?

I think that's not a good idea.

I don't know if it happens in other versions.

Hope this helps others.

Regards.

Miguel

TOPICS
Server developers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

SOAP request for InDesign CC Server in non english language

Explorer ,
May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all:

I want to put in common a problem that I have had when calling InDesign CC Server 2018.1 from the Adobe's SOAP client "sampleclient".

I have in a server the InDesign CC Server 2017 in english language. My call is "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CC Server 2017\sampleclient" -host localhost:443 -server "Scripts:User:Scripts Panel:PubIndesign-arz:IndesignPublishingPathwayServer.jsxbin" fileInput="File".

As I've been having problems when applying MasterSpread I installed InDesign CC Server 2018.1, spanish language in another server to check if in that version the problem was solved.

When calling as in the other server, taking into account the version:

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe InDesign CC Server 2018\sampleclient" -host localhost:443 -server "Scripts:User:Scripts Panel:PubIndesign-arz:IndesignPublishingPathwayServer.jsxbin" fileInput="File"

I always get an error message:

"The script file specified can not be found. The format is relative to the Script folder. For example "Scripts:sub folder:my script.js"".

After seeking on Internet and reading many times the "Introduction to Adobe InDesign CC Server 2018 development" document the solution that I found was to put the absolute path to the script.

But an idea arised into my head, and I tried "Scripts:Usuario:Scripts Panel:PubIndesign-arz:IndesignPublishingPathwayServer.jsxbin".

IT WORKED!!!!

Does it mean that for other languages as french or german the call should have the word User in the corresponding language?

I think that's not a good idea.

I don't know if it happens in other versions.

Hope this helps others.

Regards.

Miguel

TOPICS
Server developers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 22, 2018 1
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, Miguel. You saved my bacon!!!

It took me days troubleshooting this and I can not believe that the literal User (english) must be literaly translated to the configured language as the operating system is running on. So its Benutzer in German

If we can rely on Google translate, its Bruker for NorwayUživatel for Czech and Utente for Italian.

My Goodness! Adobe should emphasize this in their documentation if they keep it this way.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 24, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to see that my investigations are usefull for somebody else.

And unhappy to see that Adobe has no documentated it yet in two years.

Regards.

Miguel

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 26, 2020 0