Highlighted

solid objects become transparent

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone recently encountered solid objects becoming transparent in the pdf file. Objects not blending properly when a transparent object is underneath with no grouping? I have found work arounds but this seems to be a new issue.

Thanks,

Gina

Topics

Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

solid objects become transparent

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone recently encountered solid objects becoming transparent in the pdf file. Objects not blending properly when a transparent object is underneath with no grouping? I have found work arounds but this seems to be a new issue.

Thanks,

Gina

Topics

Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it your practice to use all the same color model in all images placed on your document page? And does the color model of the document itself agree with the placed artwork? IOW, all RGB artwork placed on an RGB color model document page?

Mike Witherell

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are a service bureau and I do not generally have to change blending modes or change color spaces. I was able to fix this last file by changing the blending mode to RGB. So that does fix this issue but, a solid object on top layer has always remained a solid object no matter what the blend space or what is below it. I feel like this is something new going wrong.

Gina

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
rob day LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show a screen capture of the problem?

InDesign doesn’t have a document color mode—you can mix CMYK, RGB, and Lab color spaces on the same page. The Blending Mode would change change the way a transparency Effect behaves—i.e., the Difference mode is very different when the blend space is set to RGB vs. CMYK

RGB

Screen Shot 30.png

CMYK

Screen Shot 31.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines