• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Solution for interactive presentations

Engaged ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Adobe have an app to create interactive presentations? Or do I need to build a website instead?

DC

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use PDF created via InDesign or HTML5 created in InDesign and the in5 plug in (extra cost).

There are other possibities or use Microsoft Powerpoint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping I could share in interactive presentation with Indesign. The shortcoming of Indesign is that it won't properly naviate to internal pages. This is because it does not know page 3 from page 10, etc. In other words, it's guess work assinging a page to via hyperlink - trial an error. The solution, I suppose, is uploading all the pages externally to a folder /file structure and connect them externally - it that is even possible with Indesign. That said, I may as well build a website. Appearently, InDesgn is a beta product. Maybe someday it will work as advertised.

DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That may be the dumbest statement I've read here.

Are hammers beta products because they can saw a board in half?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Aftereffects, Dreamweaver. Those products work. Indesign does not have interactivity. It does not work in this regard. Adobe should not advertise features that do not work and stay in the lane of thier proven digital media products. Indesign can create static pages but not interactive ones. The latter "feature" is obviously in beta mode, I stand by my words.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are those that think jumping through the hoops that InDesign forces for interactive presentations is worth it. I am not among them.

Use Powerpoint. It's the right tool for the job and those that demean it are either so biased against Microsoft that they can't see how well it works or they have no desire to even bother learning it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. If the developers of Indesign understood modern HTLM, it could be a very useful tool.

DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines