• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Solution to long boot up time

Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some time I have been finding that it was taking a very long time to boot up all of the Creative Cloud apps that I use—InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat. It had become my morning ritual to boot up my iMac, launch the apps and then come back in an hour at which time the programs would work more or less normally (most days). If I tried to use any of the apps without waiting I found that there would be the incessant spinning wheel every time I tried an action. I also noticed that during the launches InDesign would not show any sign of life at all for more than five minutes. I had tried reinstalling the Desktop app and there was some inprovement but it did not fix the slow launch time. I had also noticed that there was an inconsistancy in the amount of time that it would take to send a job to my Epson printer. Sometimes it would clear my screen and start printing almost immediately. Other times it could take several minutes to clear and then ten to fifteen minutes before it would start to print. Finally the waiting for printing made me think that I should check for updates to the Epson print drivers. I downloaded the latest drivers and ran the update—which itself took a very long time. However, it turned out that this wait was worth it. After the drivers update I relaunched my CC apps and to my delight and astonishment they came up faster than I had seen them in quite sometime. They were all operating at full speed from the get go as well. The moral of this story: Whenever you update your CC apps check for the latest print drivers!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Bill for creating this post.

I am sure it'll help many users who have similar concern. We appreciate everything you do for the community.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines