• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Solutions for working remotely and editing ID files directly off a cloud server

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company is looking for a solution to have a cloud based server for all our files.

The problem is 3 of us need to be able to work directly off the cloud server when creating or editing

InDesign files. Since our InDesign files have multiple elements, it's difficult to drag folders with multiple ID files and the entire links folder to our local computers, edit the files and then upload and replace the files back to their original location on the server. We are a trade publication so all our monthly pubs ID files reside in one monthly folder with one links folder for all the supporting items.

Currently we are accessing our office server from our home offices by using a VPN and a screen sharing app to access our office macs that are connected to our office server. We were already planning to convert to a work from home system before Covid. But I am having trouble finding a solution that will allow the 3 designers to be able to use their local apps on their home computers to access a cloud server and work directly off that server.

Does anyone have any solutions for this or a provider?  I contacted Citrix but their solution is expensive for our small company and it requires a 3rd party to setup half of the structure.

I hope I explained the use case properly. I am far from an IT person but was asked to figure out the solution.

Our only current option is to move our server, 3 macs, backup drives and battery backup to a coworkers basement and have the rest of the staff connect using the existing system we have (VPN and screenshare app). The problem I have with that is it seems like an archaic system to retain so much hardware and if there is ever a power outage or the server has a problem the coworker needs to be home to restart it or be available for our IT person to access the hardware.

Thanks

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020
Dropbox and Onedrive work well for this but you do need to communicate to avoid having two people opening the same file at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Your CC account also has a Dropbox like sync’ing feature.

If you save all of your projects and assets inside of the Creative Cloud Files folder (which gets installed by default in your computer’s user folder), the project files and folders will get sync’d to your CC account’s cloud server—there‘s no need to upload or download. If you want to collaborate right-click the project folder and choose View on Website to invite others to collaborate and sync the project folder to their machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dropbox and Onedrive work well for this but you do need to communicate to avoid having two people opening the same file at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your CC account also has a Dropbox like sync’ing feature.

If you save all of your projects and assets inside of the Creative Cloud Files folder (which gets installed by default in your computer’s user folder), the project files and folders will get sync’d to your CC account’s cloud server—there‘s no need to upload or download. If you want to collaborate right-click the project folder and choose View on Website to invite others to collaborate and sync the project folder to their machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines