• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some MP4 videos no longer working in Publish Online

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I've created a massive document with Publish Online – 150 pages long with 16 MP4 videos that average anywhere from 25 to 125 MB per clip. (The entire file size is roughly 750 MB.) Before today, the file played flawlessly, but now, several of the videos have simply stopped playing for some reason.

The clips in question are not the longest or largest, and I've tried the file in Chrome, Safari and Explorer and those certain clips just won't play – even though they did as of last week. (Notably, Explorer just gave me the message: "Error: Unsupported video type or invalid file path.") Also, they all play in preview spread: EPUB in the InDesign project file so I know they’re working files. 

All of that said, I've cleared my cache, logged out and exited InDesign, rebooted and logged back in again, and emptied the dashboard...

Here’s a mock-up of the experience I’m having. (I can’t share the actual file.) https://indd.adobe.com/view/bca552a0-0c64-44f9-beb2-3be50d2db9a5

I have it set to play on page load from current frame with controller set for none.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions…

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Hi Srishti,

Thanks for your suggestions. I republished it multiple times -- all to no avail. The link I provided in original posting was an attempt to duplicate the problem for others to see for themselves. Long-story-short, I managed to fix it yesterday by reducing the sizes of all the videos involved (there are now 20) to under 50MB. Since doing that, I can now get all videos to play.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom,

Sorry to hear about the issue. As you mentioned that it was working fine earlier, if you have original InDesign please try to Publish it again and see if that works?

If that does not help, please create a new file and place a single video and try to Publish and check if that works?

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

Thanks for your suggestions. I republished it multiple times -- all to no avail. The link I provided in original posting was an attempt to duplicate the problem for others to see for themselves. Long-story-short, I managed to fix it yesterday by reducing the sizes of all the videos involved (there are now 20) to under 50MB. Since doing that, I can now get all videos to play.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your example suppose to play video on page load? It does not play in any browser for me. Safari has a loading video gear that spins, but never loads video.

What is the file size of video in example?

A long shot... the file name of video is pretty long, you could try a shorter name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeffrey,

I also tried shortening the title but no luck. The file sizes were the issue ultimately. Thanks for your help.

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem .. ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines