Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sound files not playing right when exporting to epub

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 

I'm working on a picture book project that has audio files with speach on multiple pages. I'm trying to add the sound so that it plays when the user taps play, not on page load. When I review the pages on InDesign, the sound work as I want it to, but when I export the file as epub3, every soundfile repeats the first 2-5seconds of the speach and then cuts few seconds off at the end. I have tried to look for a solution and have followed multiple tutorials to make sure I'm adding the sound right, but I get the same issue every time. I've also tried multiple epub3 compatible readers to see if the issue was in the app I used but the sound issue is the same in them all.

I'm pretty new to InDesign and making epubs so I don't know if there is a setting I'm missing that would easily fix this, I just haven't been able to find anythings about a problem like this anywhere. I've been using v 15.1.2 of InDesign and my os is Windows 10 if that informations is helpful. Any suggestions for trying to fix this would be very welcome!

TOPICS
EPUB , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

How are you viewing the EPUB? Most EPUB viewers on Windows are absolute garbage. Try this one: https://www.edrlab.org/software/thorium-reader/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you viewing the EPUB? Most EPUB viewers on Windows are absolute garbage. Try this one: https://www.edrlab.org/software/thorium-reader/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohh thank you, it seems to work fine in that one so I guess I just didn't try on any proper programs. I used calibde on windows as someone in my team recommended that and then tried a bunch of different android apps on my phone before this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Great. Glad to help not only you but to spread the word that's finally some promise for viewing FXL EPUB on Windows.

It's been a long time coming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines