Highlighted

Space bar shortcut for Hand Tool stops working in InDesign on macOS Catalina

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For several months now, the space bar shortcut for the hand tool stops working in InDesign and requires a complete computer reboot to get it working again. I'm having to restart multiple times a day - anyone out there with a solution?

I'm on the latest INDD version as of 04/27/20 and using Catalina 10.15.4. 

Thank you in advance for any help!

{Renamed by MOD}

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Space bar shortcut for Hand Tool stops working in InDesign on macOS Catalina

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For several months now, the space bar shortcut for the hand tool stops working in InDesign and requires a complete computer reboot to get it working again. I'm having to restart multiple times a day - anyone out there with a solution?

I'm on the latest INDD version as of 04/27/20 and using Catalina 10.15.4. 

Thank you in advance for any help!

{Renamed by MOD}

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing. This has been reported by multiple users and in most of the cases it was found that there is some Third party service/ application which was conflicting with InDesign. 

Could you please check and confirm what all applications (antivirus/ web extensions/ any spell check utility/ browsers) are running in the background? Try closing them one by one and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines