• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Special character to force page breaks when importing data from Excel

Enthusiast ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! I'm working on developing a template that involves many, many pages of data that will be coming to me in an Excel file. 

I'd like to be able to import this data into my InDesign file... and have it flow, page by page. Is there a character I can have inserted into the Excel file that InDesign will recognize as a page break? I know how to do this in InDesign, but I want it to be in the Excel file so that when I import the data it automatically will go from page to page. Thanks! 

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, but you can define a Header and a Footer row once it is in ID, and they will appear at the top (header) and bottom (footer) of a long flowing multipage table. They repeat themselves.

Since you are importing it into ID from Excel, why not seek less literal control and allow ID to adjust and reflow it as you edit it by using Header (and maybe Footer) rows?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Mike! I'm new to flowing text into data tables over multiple pages. Can you recommend a tutorial online that would show me what you are describing? Thanks so much! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines