• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Split text: how to set space between columns?

Contributor ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to split a segment of text into 2 columns. This is easily done with the split text option. However, the space between the 'columns' is very small and I want to set it to a specific setting. But... I can't find an option to do so anywhere...? 

Space.jpg

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

If you have used "Split a paragraph into columns" option you can change this space as in my screenshot

Schermata 2021-02-15 alle 14.26.49.png

Place the insertion point inside the paragraph.

> Span Columns from the Control panel menu or a Paragraph panel menu > Choose Split Columns from the Paragraph Layout menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try Text Frame Options and changing the Gutter width. See a demo here

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have used "Split a paragraph into columns" option you can change this space as in my screenshot

Schermata 2021-02-15 alle 14.26.49.png

Place the insertion point inside the paragraph.

> Span Columns from the Control panel menu or a Paragraph panel menu > Choose Split Columns from the Paragraph Layout menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! I always used the option that's in the toolbar by default: never knew there was a more useful option to do it using the Paragraph panel menu! I see you can also create more than 4 columns this way! Awesome! Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines