Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Splitting pages to their own page

Participant ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am trying to create a portfolio booklet for myself in InDesign, but having some initial troupble setting up the document.

Basically, I would like to have a version which I can send people as a PDF which will be single A4/Letter sized pages on below the other, and a version which will have two pages next to each other that I will send to print.

I have set up my document to use a 3mm bleed for printing, but when I export, the pages do not come out properly and have elemtns overlapping each other etc.

So I have decided to create a version that just has one page after the other.

I have created the first pages/first page which is fine, but all the next pages seem to be going next to each other like this:

toolman123_0-1592852675342.png

Is there a way I can break the second of the blue pages so it goes under the first one? So basically each page is on it's own like the first one.

Any help would be appriciated! 

Thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Turn off facing pages in the document set up.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off facing pages in the document set up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesomo 🙂 Thank you so much, that worked perfectly! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Basically, I would like to have a version which I can send people as a PDF which will be single A4/Letter sized pages on below the other, and a version which will have two pages next to each other that I will send to print.

The printer will also need single pages in order to impose your book into printer spreads. Set the document up as Facing Pages with your cover on page 1, the viewing arrangement of the pages in Acrobat depends on the view settings:

View>Page Display>Single page scrolling

Screen Shot 8.png

View>Page Display>Two Page Scrolling with Show Cover Page:

Screen Shot 7.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines