Highlighted

Starting State of Multi State Object

Contributor ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to set a start point in a multi state object for a html epub?

I've been able to work around this by making the state I want first in most cases, but that won't work for this use case. It needs to be the state I set it in InDesign.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by BobLevine | Most Valuable Participant

Off the top of my head, you could do this by having 68 as the first state with up and down buttons in that state. The up will go to state 69 and down would go to state 67. The rest of the states would have up and down buttons set to go to next and previous.

You'll have to adjust it for 31 to have only a next and 67 to have go to previous and a go to 68. 102 would only have a go to previous. 

If you haven't already, download and install Object States Assistant which will make this a whole lot less painful. https://www.automatication.com/index.php?id=25

TOPICS
EPUB, Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Starting State of Multi State Object

Contributor ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to set a start point in a multi state object for a html epub?

I've been able to work around this by making the state I want first in most cases, but that won't work for this use case. It needs to be the state I set it in InDesign.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by BobLevine | Most Valuable Participant

Off the top of my head, you could do this by having 68 as the first state with up and down buttons in that state. The up will go to state 69 and down would go to state 67. The rest of the states would have up and down buttons set to go to next and previous.

You'll have to adjust it for 31 to have only a next and 67 to have go to previous and a go to 68. 102 would only have a go to previous. 

If you haven't already, download and install Object States Assistant which will make this a whole lot less painful. https://www.automatication.com/index.php?id=25

TOPICS
EPUB, Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 30, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first state is the default state. If you want something else, you're going to need to explain it much better.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2020 0
Contributor ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm mocking up a thermostat range of 31-102. I want to start in the middle and have it increment. There's a total of 72 states. For example, if I start at 68, I want to be able to have a button to jump to the previous state down to 31 then another to go to the next state up to 102.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 30, 2020 2