• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop SOAP initiated running task

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somebody had posted the same question (Re: Stop SOAP initiated running task​​) at InDesign forums, but received no replies. Since I was told few developers go to those forums, I'm posting here instead.

Is there any way to stop a task initiated by SOAP? For short tasks, it doesn't really matter, but for long scripts with take minutes (or even hours depending on the amount of data), sometimes stopping them after they started is desirable. In my case, I'm using InDesign Server CC 2015 and PHP to send SOAP requests to the server.

Thanks in advance

Quoting the OP in the other thread:

Hello,

Is there a way to stop a task initiated via SOAP (using java for the SOAP client and javascript for the Indesign server scripting) from running?

One of the scenarios is when the calling program is terminated (either manually or unexpectedly) or when the network experiences some problems and the connection is disconnected, I would like to stop the task from continuing.

We are generating intensive processing (e.g generating documents and merging multiple documents) and generation may take some time especially when dealing with large tables( tables with 1000 rows) with is using a bit of the processing and memory. I would like a way to stop/terminate the task itself (and not  need to restart/stop indesign server to avoid quitting other tasks)

I have tried to establish a same session using the same session id so I can somehow mark a variable that will stop execution at certain points but indesign server throws an error back to the soap client that the session has already been established.

Please advise if there is a way for stopping a task in indesign server or a way to make 2 different SOAP calls have the same session? (do I need to use the same service object / stub object?) Tried both but it seems I may be missing some step.

Btw, using Windows Server 2012 and Indesign Server cs6

Thanks

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I personally do not use SOAP so I cannot help much with the question. The question might get more visibility on the InDesign Server forum. I'm moving this there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woah! The ID Server forum went AWAL... When did that happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, that's why I posted here... Unfortunately, seems like the ID Server forum is gone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The InDesign Server forum is gone since beginning of September 2016 (my guess, because I did not visit it very often).

There was no warning sign before, that it would be removed. I wonder if at least all the posts could be made available again or if the whole forum could be made available again. It's a shame, that this happened without an announcement to the community.

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines