• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange bug, document opens itself

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, bit hard to describe and it seems to be recent. If I have a book panel open and I close all open documents, what I am often seeing is a document opens by itself as if I have clicked for it to do so, which I have not.

Its not exactly world ending but wondered if anyone else had noticed this? I have two screens, the books panel then jumps from the one screen over to the other as the document is opening.

Most odd!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes, that happens when InDesign freeze with a file open. Maybe, resetting the preferences you can solve the problem: Set preferences in Adobe InDesign

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gareth,

I would like to know if resetting preferences as suggested above worked for you? If not, I would request if you can share a few more details like:

• OS (exact version of Windows/MAC)
  • Version of InDesign
  • Where the files are saved(Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?
  • Have you recently installed any plugin or application?
  • Does it work the same way in safe mode?

To enter Safe Mode in MAC please refer to this link: Start in Safe Boot mode for Adobe products on Mac OS X

For Windows: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, and every day after I open a pdf document, sometime later, the program opens the same document by itself again in a new window telling me if I want to save the changes because apparently, it hadn't closed properly. But every day I close it properly and save the doc ok. How can I avoid this unexpected issue? It's happening to me every day.
Thank you
Alberto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@amorenofe:

In my case, I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

This is the Adobe InDesign forum. Please ask this question on the Adobe Reader forum.

https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_reader_forums 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines