• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange display of page transitions in iBooks after export as EPUB fixed layout from InDesign

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I've created a navigation in InDesign that lets you jump to other pages via text anchors. When you tap a button in the iBooks APP, the desired page does not open immediately but is followed by a quick flick of the pages that acts more like a flicker before the desired page opens. The whole thing seems very restless and the question is whether this effect (page transition) can be influenced in any way?

I hope you have an idea how to solve this problem.

Regards

Eduard

TOPICS
EPUB , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you make the navigation? With the table of content and bookmarks from there as usual or any other way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Willi,

No, I just used buttons and linked them to text anchors on certain pages. 

I am not sure whether I have described the problem correctly. So here's the second attempt. If i tap on a button that should lead to the next page, iBooks changes the page with a special effect that looks like the target page is being pushed in from left to right. If i press the button on page 1 that should lead to page 40, it looks like iBooks would slide 39 pages from left to right in a split second before landing on the target page. And that produces the annoying flicker.

The question is can i turn off this pushing when changing pages in iBooks? Is it really the way I set up the navigation or is it a peculiarity of the iBooks app that cannot be influenced?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines