Highlighted

Stuck At Executing Startup Services

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble getting InDesign to start up. This is my first time attempting to use it, but not my first time opening it. It opened quickly in the past, but now won't open at all.

Steps taken so far (based on previous posts):

• Uninstalled & reinstalled.
  • Rebooted computer.
  • Cleared preferences.
  • Uninstalled the only plugin I'd installed.
  • Uninstalled latest version & tried installing and opening a previous version.
  • Ran Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner.

I'm at a loss as to what to do beyond those things. I actually need InDesign for my workflow, so being unable to open and use it is a big issue.

If anyone can point out any steps that I may not have taken to resolve this, I'd appreciate the input.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Stuck At Executing Startup Services

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having trouble getting InDesign to start up. This is my first time attempting to use it, but not my first time opening it. It opened quickly in the past, but now won't open at all.

Steps taken so far (based on previous posts):

• Uninstalled & reinstalled.
  • Rebooted computer.
  • Cleared preferences.
  • Uninstalled the only plugin I'd installed.
  • Uninstalled latest version & tried installing and opening a previous version.
  • Ran Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner.

I'm at a loss as to what to do beyond those things. I actually need InDesign for my workflow, so being unable to open and use it is a big issue.

If anyone can point out any steps that I may not have taken to resolve this, I'd appreciate the input.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 28, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign? What operating system?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2018 0
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Operating System and CC 3.0.1 and 12.1.0

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

deek20796668  wrote

CC 3.0.1 and 12.1.0

Are you saying that you have two versions of InDesign? 12.1.0 would be CC 2017 but I'm not sure what 3.0.1 refers to.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2018 0
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I listed the two versions I've tried. 2017 and the latest most updated version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2018 0
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem today and discovered the issue was corupted fonts. If you have a ton of fonts like I did you will need to delete them. I just nuked my personal font folder because I had to many and not enough time to pick and test. Deleteing fonts did work for me though without a restart or anything else. Good luck! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 14, 2020 0