• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stuck on a cover layout; looking for suggestion

Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a magazine/booklet to highlight the parks in our City. I was able to find an image of one park from the early 1900s and the same view from the same park from about five years ago! Using feathering and a bunch of resizing, I have made the following cover where the 1900s image morphs into the 2015 image. However, I just really don't like what I'm doing with the cover text. It's not resonating with me. 

I've used ID since Aldus Pagemaker 1 but I'm self-trained and do not have a background in this. I cannot use Illustrator.

All that said, I'm looking for suggestions as to what I could do to make this cover pop more. (Please be gentle, this is my first time looking for ideas as I'm easily intimidated by some of what I've seen from the more professional folks in here.)

Thanks.

sequoia park fundraising mag jul 2020.jpg

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image is great, it's the typography that needs work on IMO.

Derek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I agree. That's what I was looking for - suggestions on changing the type. I don't think I made myself clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines