Stylemapping InCopy to InDesign

Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From a customer I receive an InCopy document which I place in my InDesign lay out. I then get over 50 styles (paragraph, character and cell styles). The InCopy workflow is not shared with the customer, I will receive a new InCopy document every time the customers has made changes.

Is there a script or an other way whereby I can replace those incoming styles with my own styles, without having to replace them individually, every time I get a new InCopy document? A bit like the style mapping option in the Label-function.

TOPICS
Import and export, InCopy workflow, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Stylemapping InCopy to InDesign

Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From a customer I receive an InCopy document which I place in my InDesign lay out. I then get over 50 styles (paragraph, character and cell styles). The InCopy workflow is not shared with the customer, I will receive a new InCopy document every time the customers has made changes.

Is there a script or an other way whereby I can replace those incoming styles with my own styles, without having to replace them individually, every time I get a new InCopy document? A bit like the style mapping option in the Label-function.

TOPICS
Import and export, InCopy workflow, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/script-find-change-paragraph-style/td-p/11091616?page=1

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2020 0