Exit

Sudden inability to create a pdf or print from inDesign

Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

One week since upgrading my system. New iMac with macOS Catalina V10.15.6

Working on a catalog project that was created with InDesign 2019 on an older MacPowerbook and is now continuing with InDesign v15.1.2

I sat down this morning to create a pdf. And now am getting this alert:

"This document contains links to file/URL(s) that are not accessible. Please check your network connectivity or the original source of content."

More info:

1. The graphics and images for this file are all stored in a shared Dropbox.
  2. Based on a search this morning on this forum, I tried to adjust my System Preferences--Privacy--Files and folders. But no luck.
  3. Tried to print it--but still the same message pops up. All of my links appear to be fine.
  4. I just created a test layout and was able to create the pdf and print it.

Is there anything I can do to get this file to print? I know I can copy and paste into a new document, but it is over 100 pages so I am hoping for another way?
Thank you in advance for guidance!

Eva

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Make sure you do not have smart sync enabled for Dropbox. This will store the files in the cloud and InDesign will time out while trying to download them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines