• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sudden lack of cropping ability

Participant ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly, without warning, or a crash, or anything, I can no longer crop placed images using the frame lines (blue). When I click on a placed image (most often pdfs), and select the blue bounding box and shift-drag the whole image is resized... and thats no matter which tool is selected - Free transform, scale, rotate, etc. I've tried restarting indesign (13.0), my computer (mac pro tower 10.13 44gb ssd). I have 6 large magazines working at one time and this will slow me down. For the time being I'm drawing a box and cutting-pasting into but I'd prefer to go back to the way its supposed to work.

Is there an option somewhere that has been activated that I can uncheck? I've searched the knowledge base, no luck.

(also, unrealted, I wish there was a way to turn off hyphenation forever... I haven't had a hyphenated document since the 1990's - so sick and tired of doing this manually so often).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off hyphenation in your preferences with no documents open - this will take care of that problem (for newly created documents)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

What happens when you simply drag the container(frame) blue lines without shift key? Are you able to crop then?

You can also turn off hyphenation from paragraph panel as well in no document state.

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines