• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Switch InDesign 16.0 GPU from Open GL to Metal

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My InDesign keeps crashing on my new iMac, and I suspect it's because the GPU Processing is set to Open GL rather than Metal (I had the same issue with Illustrator).

How can I switch to Metal? Is there a Terminal command I need to use?

Many thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

I know of no control in InDesign (either in the interface or through a Terminal command) for switching between Open GL and Metal.

I would suggest that when installing InDesign 16.0, that you try restoring your InDesign preferences:

Adobe InDesign: Rebuilding Preferences and Cache Files ...www.rockymountaintraining.com › Adobe InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know of no control in InDesign (either in the interface or through a Terminal command) for switching between Open GL and Metal.

I would suggest that when installing InDesign 16.0, that you try restoring your InDesign preferences:

Adobe InDesign: Rebuilding Preferences and Cache Files ...www.rockymountaintraining.com › Adobe InDe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines