Highlighted

Tab order changes after first click

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I'm hoping someone can help - I've got an interactive PDF with buttons that reveal pop ups containing more information. There is an X button to close the pop up. This works perfectly the first time I try it in PDF viewer, but if I reopen the pop up, it appears behind all other buttons. My tab order has the hovers at the top. Is there anything I can do to fix this, or is it a bug?

TOPICS
Bug, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Tab order changes after first click

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I'm hoping someone can help - I've got an interactive PDF with buttons that reveal pop ups containing more information. There is an X button to close the pop up. This works perfectly the first time I try it in PDF viewer, but if I reopen the pop up, it appears behind all other buttons. My tab order has the hovers at the top. Is there anything I can do to fix this, or is it a bug?

TOPICS
Bug, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have a word or words or an image (such as a button shape) as a document hyperlink to say another page in the document, or to an external website. Some devices, for example, iPads, don't have rollover capability – only click – you should avoid multi-action buttons like On Click, On Roll Over, etc. Multi-state object (MSO) don’t work at all in an Interactive PDFs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek, It's a standard desktop interactive PDF - should I not use 'on click' as a feature other than those two you listed?

If so, do we know why? It works except for the Object Tab Order...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm hoping that the issue is resolved for you. 

If the above-mentioned solution or suggestion helped, please mark it correct.

If not, do let us know so that we can assist you further.

Regards,

Sheena

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sheena,

It didn't answer my question. I want to control the tab order of my objects, but after a 'on click' action, they all shuffle.

To avoid the 'on click' action altogether doesn't seem right?

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0