• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tab Panel magnet

Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows. When you hit the magnet it only aligns when the program window is full screen. Is there a workaround to get this to work all the time?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Hi mompcomike:

It used to always open aligned in any view (and snap to the top in any view), as long as there was room for it at the top of the document window.

I'm on Mac and my students are on Macs and Windows, and I've observed that this is no longer always the case. The best I can offer you is to make sure that you have room on top of the text frame for the Tab bar. Notice that as I push the page down and realign, it works, most of the time. In my animation, there was one time when ther

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mompcomike,

I'm on Windows 10 with the German InDesign 2020 version 15.1.0.25 and cannot see the issue.

The Tab panel perfectly aligns to my selected text; zoom factor is 400 %:

TabPanel-Aligned-1.PNG

What's your version of InDesign and Windows operating system?

What's the zoom factor if you invoke the Tab panel?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am hoping that your issue has been resolved till now. If not, please feel free to update this thread else let us know if any of the suggestions shared above helped you or not.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2020 Jun 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mompcomike:

It used to always open aligned in any view (and snap to the top in any view), as long as there was room for it at the top of the document window.

I'm on Mac and my students are on Macs and Windows, and I've observed that this is no longer always the case. The best I can offer you is to make sure that you have room on top of the text frame for the Tab bar. Notice that as I push the page down and realign, it works, most of the time. In my animation, there was one time when there was room for the Tab bar but it still didn't move until I adjusted the page position slightly.

~Barb

tabs.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines