Table flowing incorrectly

Engaged ,
Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: When this first came up, I thought it must be a "Left Indent" but had been unable to select the table in such a way that I could get the Paragraph settings to show; therefore, I thought the problem must be something else (hence trying all kinds of things). But right after I posted this question, I tried that again and -- reason unknown -- this time the paragraph settings became available, and the problem was as I first suspected, a simple Left Indent. Sorry for any bother but maybe this info will be helpful to someone sometime.

I have a two-columned table that covers three pages.  It flows perfectly from Page 1 to Page 2, but when it flows to Page 3, it indents itself on the left by about a pica and consequently hangs slightly outside the right-hand margin into the gutter. Text that follows the table in that same frame behaves normally, staying where it should and remaining within the margins. I've looked at all the table-related settings I can think of and few others that aren't table-related. I've searched online but can't find this particular problem addressed anywhere. Does anyone know why this might be happening? Thanks in advance. 🙂

TOPICS
How to, Performance, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Table flowing incorrectly

Engaged ,
Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: When this first came up, I thought it must be a "Left Indent" but had been unable to select the table in such a way that I could get the Paragraph settings to show; therefore, I thought the problem must be something else (hence trying all kinds of things). But right after I posted this question, I tried that again and -- reason unknown -- this time the paragraph settings became available, and the problem was as I first suspected, a simple Left Indent. Sorry for any bother but maybe this info will be helpful to someone sometime.

I have a two-columned table that covers three pages.  It flows perfectly from Page 1 to Page 2, but when it flows to Page 3, it indents itself on the left by about a pica and consequently hangs slightly outside the right-hand margin into the gutter. Text that follows the table in that same frame behaves normally, staying where it should and remaining within the margins. I've looked at all the table-related settings I can think of and few others that aren't table-related. I've searched online but can't find this particular problem addressed anywhere. Does anyone know why this might be happening? Thanks in advance. 🙂

TOPICS
How to, Performance, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 03, 2021 0

Have something to add?