• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table header disappear when exporting to pdf

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Community I'm using Indesign and have created a table, the upper cells row I have done as Header and introduced an image in each cell. The header repeats in each single page after and this is fine. The problem appears when exporting in pdf where the header appears only on the first page and not on the followings. File was created with CS3 first than converted to the last indesign. Thanks alot for your help. Beppe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

it seems that indesign fails to export to pdf the headers of tables that contain graphic cells.

you could avoid the problem by anchoring images in text cells

you could also submit bug repport here

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share IDML of this doc?

Thanks

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sunil thanks I did export in IDML but how to load it into the community, I do not see

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reply to your original post, then you will get to see option for attachment. Or after replying click on More... and Edit reply, then you will see attachment option.

Best

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this back after uploading Correct the highlighted errors and try again. The attachment's indesign table repeating header issue.idml content type (application/octet-stream) does not match its file extension and has been removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Belisir reporting a forum issue on attaching IDML has an error. I will raise this issue in community help, there may be we will find some solution for idml attachment problem atleats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it seems that indesign fails to export to pdf the headers of tables that contain graphic cells.

you could avoid the problem by anchoring images in text cells

you could also submit bug repport here

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried it, but it seems to happen after InDesign CC2015 (ver 11.x).

I think this must be a bug.

At least my verification did not happen in CC2014 (ver 10.x)

Why don't you try it there if possible?

Yusuke S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still a bug in InDesign 16.1

Please fix it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bellsir,

I tried this with my own table, my own image and with a new InDesign 2021 document on Windows 10.

See no issues with PDF export to e.g. PDF/X-4. All the images are there. Also in the repeated table header rows.

You can download my test documents from my Dropbox account:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gtaoszuuv5lx3wx/TableHeaderWithGraphicCell-2021.zip?dl=1

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi belisir,

thanks for providing a sample document from InDesign CC 2019 version 14.0.3.433.
I did a test where I exchanged the missing images in the table header that consists of graphic cells with some of my own images on page 2. Exported to PDF/X-4.

And yes, I can confirm, that the table header images of the table with the 125 body table rows were not repeated through PDF export on pages 3 to 7 even if the layout is showing them! That's a severe bug.

Also exported to IDML, opened in InDesign 2021 version 16.3.0.24 on Windows 10 and had the same results.

Later I will try to create the table from scratch to see if the issue still exists in a new document with 16.3.0.24. Could be that your sample document is damaged because it started its life with InDesign CS3, was saved with CS4 and InDesign CC 2015 and finally worked on with InDesign CC 2019.

NOTE TO MYSELF:

In April 2021 I tried this with a table from scratch with InDesign 2021. There was no issue.

But it could well be, that the issue is only showing with more header rows and a more complex table.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here the bug report that a "Anonymous" did in :

Table graphic cell header disappear when exporting to pdf
Anonymous, October 29, 2020
https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/41778574-table-graphic-...

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to add my addition to this post that as of today in Indesign 19.0.1 this issue is still persistent. I have images in a graphic cell in my header that won't export to pdf for the second page. I"ve tried exporting for 'Smaller File size', and 'High Quality Print' and neither have worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2023 Nov 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Alexandra28218520yxj1,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Can you confirm if this is happening with a specific file or multiple files? Please also share the version of the Operating system.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having this problem with InDesign 19.01. OS Monterey 12.7.2.  it happens with multiple files, but only when the table spills over to a second page.  The first time the header appears with images, it prints correctly.  But if the table overflows on to a second page along with the header, the images disappear. This problem has been persistent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines