• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table of Contents runs over actual content

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm new to Indesign, getting stumped by a table of contents I created for my new book. The TOC is quite long so I inserted a number of blank pages first, then created the TOC. After I formatted the TOC, I ended up with a number of empty pages between the last TOC entry and the first page of actual content, so I deleted the unwanted blank pages. Now it looks like the TOC area overruns my first page of actual content and I can't ficure out how to redefine the TOC area.  To help underdtand the error, the first heading in my actual content is formatted with paragraph style Heading 1. Now, I can't select that entire page of text.  When I try to select the first conent line, it shows that it is formatted as TOC1 which is the style I created for the this level inside the TOC. If I try to change this back to Heading 1, then it changes it in the last line of the TOC.   Between the messed up page and the next page of actual content which wasn't affecred bty the error there looks like a Link icon, but I can't figure out what to do with it.  

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can't quite tell what's going on from your screen shot. Possible to post the indd file? (don't need images)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines