• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table styles does not apply table border

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a an issue with my table styles being set to a 0,2pt border in black that does not show. When the table is created, it is showing. Due to a table flow issue, I am running a script that splits my tables. After this script is run, all the borders are gone. I try to apply the table style again, but it does not work. Is there a setting somewhere that overrides the table style? 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Linda,

are you able to look into the source code of the script?

Then you could post the code or link to the script file so that we can have a look.

Or perhaps better: Contact the author of the script and discuss the issue.

What's your exact version of InDesign on what operating system?

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the author of the script claims that the border is set to the text frame and not the table, thus dissapeares when the text frame is removed to split the table. I have no idea how he can make that claim, as the border was set in the table style.

But if we look away from the fact that a script has been run, how is it that a table suddenly does not want to apply with the table style it is assigned. It's like way back when, before I knew that character style overrides paragraph styles and I lost half my hair trying to figure out why I could't remove the bold font.

My version of indd is 16.01, but it happens on all versions both PC and Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Linda,

will the script also apply cell styles?

Then it could happen, that the cell styles' strokes override the table's border.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! I will definentely look into that - thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines