• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tables

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to grab the bottom edge of a table with the text tool either holding down the shift key or not - I forget which - and proportionally extend the table rows to a desired depth (say the margins of the page.  I can still do it on the right side with the columns, but not the rows. Did something change or am I forgetting something?

Thanks in advance.

d.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To do this with the rows, try grabbing the lower-right corner of the table.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response, but that's a no-go. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried it in ID2020 and it works fine. Hover your text cursor over the bottom of the table until you see a double-headed arrow, then hold down the Shift key, mouse down and drag; the rows increase in height proportionally. What exactly happens on your end? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help. I realized what was happening. I had the table set to span pages with header columns repeating on the 2nd page. I’m not sure if it is the header column repeating or the 2nd page that caused the issue, but when I was trying to adjust the rows on page one to fit that page, nothing was happening. I noticed that when I was adjusting the column width and I happened to be viewing 2 pages, that the width of the table on both pages was able to be adjusted. When I created a table all on one page everything worked fine. To adust the rows when it spans two or more pages, I guess I’d have to adjust from the last row of the last page that the table appears on. Anyway, thank you for your help and suggestions.

d.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi dgriffin1951,

you observed that right:

It will not work if the table runs through several text frame columns or text frames.

Nothing new on that behavior, I think.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines