• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

tagged text for easy import of "prepped" content

Advisor ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just found a stash of files that look like what I remember as InDesign tagged text, but they are from an experiment I didn't follow up at the time. I'd like to be able to pick up the project again.

Here's one tiny sample, which I have also found as an example in Kvern/Blatner/Bringhurst's InDesign CS5 book.

<UNICODE-WIN>
<DefineParaStyle:heading><DefineParaStyle:subhead><DefineParaStyle:para>
<ParaStyle:heading>TimeTravelTickets
<ParaStyle:subhead>Travel through time to experience the greatest artistic performances in history!
<ParaStyle:para>We are pleased to announce our Summer 2007 series.

I can't see any specific Import option in InDesign 15.1.3 x64, and Place just places tags and all in the InDesign document. Hints and tips welcome!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi FieryPantone,

it may be that a code line like that is missing after the first line that declares the type of encoding:

<Version:12.1><FeatureSet:InDesign-Roman><ColorTable:=<Black:COLOR:CMYK:Process:0,0,0,1>>

And check the encoding. I used your code, added that line above just below <UNICODE-WIN>, edited the line to <UNICODE-MAC>, saved the text file with the Editor App on Windows 10 to UTF-16 LE and was able to place the file like that:

UNICODE-MAC-Encoding-UTF-16-LE.PNG

From my German InDesign 16 on Windows 10, import options showing:

TaggedTextImportOptions-2.PNG

TaggedTextImportOptions-3.PNG

TaggedTextImportOptions-4.PNG

TaggedTextImportOptions-5.PNG

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines