• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

taking out the underline and color in hyperlinks for print but keeping them live for epub

Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

A rookie question: How does one strip out the blue underlines and color of the hyperlinks in an Indesign doc for export in print pdf purposes, yet retain its live quality for exporting in epubs?

TOPICS
Bug , EPUB , How to , Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

I'm unsure exactly what you mean by "retain its live quality". I understand that you want the underline and blue colour removed for pdf and the links to be functional in your epub. What I don't fully understand is how you want the links to appear in your epub.

My following suggestions are assuming that the underline and blue colour are to be removed for both your pdf and epub…

When creating hyperlinks they will generally be styled with a default Hyperlink character style. You can edit the ap

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Hi carlangel,

if you create a hyperlink with a text source the first time, InDesign will automatically add a character style named Hyperlink by default to your Character Styles panel. Also a new swatch named Hyperlink. Change the properties of that character style.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unsure exactly what you mean by "retain its live quality". I understand that you want the underline and blue colour removed for pdf and the links to be functional in your epub. What I don't fully understand is how you want the links to appear in your epub.

My following suggestions are assuming that the underline and blue colour are to be removed for both your pdf and epub…

When creating hyperlinks they will generally be styled with a default Hyperlink character style. You can edit the appearance of this style via the Character Style panel.

You can edit the appearance of a hyperlink by double clicking on it's entry within the Hyperlinks panel. From the Edit Hyperlink dialog box that opens up you can assign a different Character Style or set it to None.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi carlangel,

if you create a hyperlink with a text source the first time, InDesign will automatically add a character style named Hyperlink by default to your Character Styles panel. Also a new swatch named Hyperlink. Change the properties of that character style.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines