• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Team member is having issues with opening and saving 2021

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my team memebers is having issues saving and opening files into ID 2021. See photos. Any ideas on fixing this issue? Even the latest update has not helped.  Thank you!indesign 2021 to save.pngindesign 2021 to save as.png

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to provide a lot more info and you can start by confirming that it's 16.3.2 and telling us exactly how this workflow is set up. Is this a network? Is it on a cloud storage drive like Dropbox? If others can open the files, how are they working that's differenent?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is 16.3.2. This has been happening over MULTIPLE files and versions of 16. Mac based with a networked user and network storage. No cloud storage. As far as I am aware, this is only happening to this individual. Others are able to use the files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the files open properly if they're copied to the local drive first?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All work is done locally, then archived on the server. According to the operator. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay...how is the project being copied from the server to the desktop? Is it the entire folder? Are all links available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As far as I understand the files arrive as a zip. This does not seem to be just one project. This happens regularly. I was able to take the original zip file for her, expand and resave. She was able to use that file (minus some plugins that I have that she does not), edit and save. I am curious if that has anything to do with the expansion of the zip file? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines