Highlighted

Template from InDesign 2019 Causes InDesign 15.1.1 to Crash

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a template created in the previous version of InDesign, which now crashes ID (v15.1.1) to crash when opening. Are there some sort of incompatible features that I can look into to identify where the problem is coming from?

Some things I've tried:

• Resaving the template in the current version (no change)
  • Saving to IDML and reopening (no change)
  • Removing an embedded preflight profile (no more crash but the document gives me spinning beach ball and takes a long time to open)

If anyone else has encountered this issue, I'd love to hear how you got around it!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Template from InDesign 2019 Causes InDesign 15.1.1 to Crash

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a template created in the previous version of InDesign, which now crashes ID (v15.1.1) to crash when opening. Are there some sort of incompatible features that I can look into to identify where the problem is coming from?

Some things I've tried:

• Resaving the template in the current version (no change)
  • Saving to IDML and reopening (no change)
  • Removing an embedded preflight profile (no more crash but the document gives me spinning beach ball and takes a long time to open)

If anyone else has encountered this issue, I'd love to hear how you got around it!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I never encountered this issue. How much effort will it be to create this template from scratch?

My assumption, without knowing anything about your template document:
It could be an issue with the used fonts.

Can you make your template available for download?

Use Dropbox or a similar service and provide the link.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh. And do an update to InDesign 15.1.2.

This version should be available through your Creative Cloud Desktop App.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. There are multiple factors, both internal and external to the application that can lead to document corruption, however, we can take a look and see if the file can be repaired. You may share your file with Uwe (he is one of the best contributors here) or email your InDesign file to  idfile@adobe.com and we will take a look at the document. If the file is larger than 10 Mb, you can upload to Creative Cloud account (or Dropbox) and send us the document link.

I must also inform you that file recovery can't be guaranteed with a 100% success. We'll surely try our best.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 20, 2020 0