Exit

Text anchors hyperlinks not linking to another document after PDF export

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

I would love your insight on something. 

I have came accross a bit of a problem while designing a digital planner. On this planner (document 1), I've added text anchors hyperlinks in the document, linking to anchors in this document. It works great, no problem at all (when exported as a PDF). 

I have created another document (document 2 - additionnal pages for my planner that people can add to their planner if they choose to), that link to the text anchors created in the first document. I've selected "document 1" when creating the hyperlinks in document 2, but after exporting it as a PDF, the hyperlinks don't work anymore (I've included document2.pdf in document1.pdf). Is this normal? Is there a way to do what I want to do? I've tried so many things, and yet it doesn't work...

I hope it's clear!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Yuna

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put both document together in a INDB book file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer! I've created a book file, but unfortunately, when exported as 2 different documents, it doesn't work. Is there something I'm missing? 

(I use GoodNotes on my iPad)

Thanks again,

Yuna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you make document2 a file attachment to document1? It will probably work within Acrobat, but other PDF readers won't generally support such hyperlinks.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mike, 

Thanks for your reply! Yes I did, but it didn't work. I think that this is not possible with Indesign at the moment, but maybe in future updates? Would be great! 

Best, 

Yuna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines