• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text being pushed to next page instead of being in line with paragraph

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what to search for with regard to this problem, so I am just going to describe it and ask for help. I am sure there is a setting that I don't know about that will fix this. Anyway, here is the issue:

I have taken two screenshots, one with the text “hoods interspersed with corridors of green space along roads” on the bottom of the page (but outside the margins) and the other with it on its own, on the next page. I want this text to be in line with the rest of the paragraph that it is part of. I have looked through the settings and preferences and cannot figure out how to resolve this issue. Any ideas?Screenshot 2020-07-13 at 10.43.41.pngScreenshot 2020-07-13 at 10.43.55.png

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Make sure you are not in Preview mode, then choose Show hidden characters in the Text menu, now take a screenshot so we can see if there is indeed nothing there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your keep options in the paragraph styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yup. The one on the previous page must be set to "Keep with next", or the one at the top of the next page is set to "Keep with Previous"..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us the screenshot with the problem wigh invisble characters?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing is showing up with regard to the invisible characters. So there' s nothing to show you in a screenshot, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you are not in Preview mode, then choose Show hidden characters in the Text menu, now take a screenshot so we can see if there is indeed nothing there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, I see the text frame extending below the marges in the first screenshot. Did you change it? Can you share a screenshot with the baseline grid showing as well and check if the text is set to align to baselinegrid?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines