Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text box issues when creating a pdf in indesign and trying to edit in Acrobat

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I created a newsletter in Indesign and I exported it as a pdf but when I open the pdf in acrobat to edit it, the areas that have a textwrap are multiple text boxes that are not continuous. I have tried so many different things to try and fix it but nothing seems to be working. Any Suggestion?

Screen Shot 2021-02-27 at 7.19.30 AM.png

TOPICS
Import and export , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Is there some reason your newsletter has to be a PDF? There are lots of great web-based newsletters that are easy to edit and distribute. I use Revue, which is now free since it was bought by Twitter.

https://www.getrevue.co/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This begs the question, "Why are you doing this?"

PDF is an end format and while some editing is possible, it is always advisable to edit in the original application and export a new PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there Bob,

I am trying to create an editable template for a monthly newsletter for a client to be able to add thier own content. 

Is there something better you suggest?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there some reason your newsletter has to be a PDF? There are lots of great web-based newsletters that are easy to edit and distribute. I use Revue, which is now free since it was bought by Twitter.

https://www.getrevue.co/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines