Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text disappearing when editing Text box button

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I colleague of mine created a document in InDesign that features a rollover button that's part of a navigation menu. Whenever I try to edit the button the text disappears and shows the overset text symbol. I get the same result even when I copy and paste the button or even if I duplicate the master page where the buttons live. The button is set to autosize and features a paragraph rule that appears on rollover.  The strange part is that everyone else on my team has no problems editing these buttons in the same document. I'm at a loss because I've looked at every possible scenario that I'm aware of  that could cause this.  Ignore text wrap didn't work. Checking custom baseline grid didn't work. I uninstalled and reinstalled InDesign. Reset my preferences. Tried opening the document on a different computer. Nothing has worked. Any advice would be great!

Thank you

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Just use a button shape and hyperlink it, don’t use multi-state or roll-over buttons as they won't work on many devices, such as iPhones and iPads.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just use a button shape and hyperlink it, don’t use multi-state or roll-over buttons as they won't work on many devices, such as iPhones and iPads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines