• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Flow

Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to have text flow between some pages in my book. I have used Place to import pages from Word. I connected the text frames and the text flows from one page to the next until it gets to a page where it seems to overwrite the pages. I don't know how to fix this.FlowTextIssue.jpg

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

I managed to get my pages to flow. Thanks for the suggestions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be there is a text frame on the Master Page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I think that was the problem. I removed the text boxes on my master pages. Will go back now and see if I can get all of my text to flow now. I am still confused about how to use Place to get the Word files to flow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean with overwrite the pages?

I see, that your page number is inside the page borders. It must not be. The page number must be outside the borders and on a separate layer on top. Correct the borders, so the text will flow in automatically in one step. I would recommend to delete all pages but the first and hold down the shoft key when you reflow it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved the page numbers outside of the borders. What do you mean to hold down the shift key when I reflow it again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I managed to get my pages to flow. Thanks for the suggestions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines