Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text font for all new textes

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I have a simple Problem, I'm New in inDesign.

If I create a new text its the basic font and I can normally change for example the colour from black to white before I start writing. But when I'm finished and want to create a second text it's black with the basic font again... How can I change that the settings will stay the same (example white colour) for every new text?

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

For the text to be White all the time- make the change before you start a new document.

This way - text will always be White for all new documents.

Paragraph & Character styles are the best way forward for you.

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/user-guide.html/indesign/using/paragraph-character-styles.ug.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should really learn how to use Paragraph Styles. Buy a book or follow online training on how to use InDesign, you need to learn the basics...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already watched a 1h online training, which learned me all other basics but they didn't helped me out with my problem. If it's just a small problem, can you help me out anyway, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For the text to be White all the time- make the change before you start a new document.

This way - text will always be White for all new documents.

Paragraph & Character styles are the best way forward for you.

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/user-guide.html/indesign/using/paragraph-character-styles.ug.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines