• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text frame not adjusting to margins in synced documents (book format)

Participant ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can make my text boxes adapt to changes in margins in single documents, but when I sync chapters in the book function, the other documents will change margins but not adapt their text frames.

I tried doing this by going to the active Master and changing margins (the way I do it successfully in single documents) and enabling sync on master pages (which is off by default).

So for now I have to adjust each document by itself.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Participant , Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor , Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Ok, layout adjustment isn't a toy or a feature that you can use it many times without some problems. AFAIK, this feature don't work through book and you are need to apply it in each document one by one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> I can make my text boxes adapt to changes in margins in single documents

How do you do this?

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, layout adjustment isn't a toy or a feature that you can use it many times without some problems. AFAIK, this feature don't work through book and you are need to apply it in each document one by one. 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the clarification.

I thought in with your first post that you were a new user hence my answer and link to Barb's post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines