• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

text is higlighted blue. I don't want this.

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-09 um 13.39.26 2.png

 Hello InDesign community. I'm a total beginner. Just installed indesign and watched a couple of intro-tutorials. Then I opened some olter indesign-files of an online review that we publish and tried to adapt the cover according to my bosses wishes. which means adding the subtitle "no trigger warnings. no safe spaces. no xxxxx". This text is highlighted in blue and it should not be higligted in blue. I don't know what to do. Much obliged!

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

It's the Paragraph Style highlighter – it's just a Override warning, it won't print. You can turn the feature off in the Paragraph Styles dialogue box: 

Windows > Styles > Paragraph Styles.

The colour won't appear in Preview Mode: View > Screen Mode > Preview

You should learn to use Paragraph (and Character) Styles, they are really useful!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Hi Lukas,

what Derek said.

In detail: The blue bar at the side of the text frame indicates one or more paragraph level style overrides, the blue bars behind every character indicates character level style overrides.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the Paragraph Style highlighter – it's just a Override warning, it won't print. You can turn the feature off in the Paragraph Styles dialogue box: 

Windows > Styles > Paragraph Styles.

The colour won't appear in Preview Mode: View > Screen Mode > Preview

You should learn to use Paragraph (and Character) Styles, they are really useful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Lukas,

what Derek said.

In detail: The blue bar at the side of the text frame indicates one or more paragraph level style overrides, the blue bars behind every character indicates character level style overrides.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines