• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text is not visible

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happened very sudden with some of Indesign files. 
The text is completely gone, but the styles and hidden characters are visible. The text is here but I can't see it. I can see image and outlined text however.

It's not text wrap, I've trashed my perfomances and I've tried older version. Didn't work. Another strange thing is; if I try to paste text to the document with the text visibility issues the text also disappear.

It's not paragraph styles either, it was worked perfectly fine before. Another detail: the file is on a server, but if I download it on my pc the problem won't disappear unfortunately.

I'm really curious what the problem actually is. 

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Hello. It was a server issue. I think because the content couldn't be linked/downloaded therefore the fonts (in my case) goes missing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it isn't text wrap, could it be that the text color has been redefined? Not likely, I know, but it helps to rule out obvious problems.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately that's not it. The image below has two different background color and the text color isnt changed (opacity and tint is 100%) 

It's a bit frustrating because the more files I open in indesign, the more this is happening. 

text_issue.jpg 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes a font can go grazy and cause unexpected results.

I'd click into the disappearing text, then Use the Edit>Edit in Story Editor menu command to see if the text is still there. It likely is, based on the uneven line breaks. Then I'd change it all to a different font and see if it re-appears, and use the Edit>Undo menu command to change it back and see if the missing type reverts and you can see your copy again.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are all of the files using the same type font or is this happening with multiple type fonts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply.
This is happening with all the fonts. I am using the latest version of Indesign 2020 (15.1.2)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign and what operating system are you using? I have seen reports of what sounds like similar behavior in a version of InDesign CC 2019. If you do not have the most recent version of InDesign try updating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I would like to know if the steps suggested above worked for you, or the issue still persists.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it.

Thanks,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. It was a server issue. I think because the content couldn't be linked/downloaded therefore the fonts (in my case) goes missing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Preflight didn't make notice of anything BTW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines