Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text linked to text

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey.

I'm looking for a function how to link a text passage with a previously written chapter so that this text can also be clicked on in the PDF after the export and you can jump directly to the mentioned chapter.

I hope you understand what I mean. Maybe the function "Hyperlink" or "Cross reference" is the right one, but then I didn't really understand how to use it so that you jump to the chapter by clicking.

Thank you so much in advance. 

TOPICS
EPUB , Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're looking for users to click on text within your document and be taken to another place in the same document, hyperlink would be the right word.

But if you ask me, InDesign wouldn't necessarily be the best place to do that. Adobe Acrobat would be the best tool for creating — and defining the functions — of hyperlinks. You can learn more about PDF hyperlink capabilities through the link below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/links-attachments-pdfs.html

If you've got a little time, spend a little of it clicking links in that help document to learn a lot about the capabilities of PDF hyperlinks. They're very useful for a number of online and interactive tools and tricks.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can create a hyperlink to accomplish what you're trying to do. To do so:
1. Make note of the page number of the chapter that you want the link to go to, then select the text that you want to serve as the hyperlink.
2. Open the Hyperlinks panel (Window>Interactive>Hyperlinks), and from the panel menu, choose New Hyperlink... .
3. In the dialog, set Link To: to Page, then set Destination>Page to the page number of the chapter.

By default, if you haven't created a character style named Hyperlink, InDesign will create one on the fly and apply it in the Appearance section. You can use that one or any other character style in the document. You can also modify the formatting of the one that InDesign creates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines