• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text loses contrast when copy/pasting to a new page

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. I use Indesign very much but now I'm having a problem that I've never gotten before.

I have my file set like up, and have set up the character style to what I want it to be, with the colour being 60% tinted. But on some pages, the text looses contrast. It's the exact same style, same background in the back (all copy paste so it should be identical) but it only happens on some pages. If I copy it and try to paste it back to the previous page, it's fine but sometimes it looses contrast there again too. The page I'm pasting to is brand new with nothing on it except for the same exact clean master page as the page above.

I've tried Google but I can't find anything.

I tried uninstalling and installing the newest version of Indesign but it's not working either.

I've tried exporting it and it exports the text as it is in the file, without contrast but only on those specific pages.

Anyone had this error before and can please tell me how to fix this. My boss will not be happy if I don't finish the project in time because of a weird error like this.

This is very annoying and 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello iðunná85630019

looking at the screen shots it looks like an overprint vs a knockout issue. Make sure the Overprint Fill is checked on in the character style.

Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 5.03.01 PM.png

Regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike and thank you for your answer. I tried it and it does not seem to work as it continues to change the contrast for those pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Opacity settings are there? Looks like you have Multiply on page 10 and Normal on page 12. Black text looks identically but gray in normal mode is quite lighter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. But it's the exact same one, copy/paste, and I havent touched the opacity so it's still in 100%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you share your file? At least the problematic part?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines