• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text not flowing into 2nd column Question

Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-07-25 at 4.31.10 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-25 at 4.31.00 PM.pngFairly new to InDesign--  I have a small text box that I have added a second column to.  The text is not flowing into the second column.  I have tried inserting a column break but no luck.  Suggestions?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Thanks all.  It was a style sheet.  Once I went back to a default sheet, the problem went away.  Time for another class!  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sam:

Screen shots help us understand a question without requiring further clarification. In the case, it would help to see the selected frame, with Hidden Characters visible.

It sounds like you have one text frame, divided it into two columns. Is the text long enough to move to the next column? If not, make the frame shorter or enable balance columns. Did you insert the column break after the last text. Or is there more than one column break?

~Barb

columns.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-07-25 at 4.20.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-07-25 at 4.20.15 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. Is there a frame to the right with text wrap enabled? Can you choose Edit > Select All with the Selection tool and show the entire spread?

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, there is a small frame in the lower right corner of the 2nd screen shot. Does it have text wrap enabled? Can you move it to the pasteboard to see if it is the issue?

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the Keep Options for the last paragraph. I suspect you have Keep All Lines Together. This will force the entire paragraph to flow into the next available column or text frame that can accommodate the entire paragraph. If there is no such frame or column the text will overset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all.  It was a style sheet.  Once I went back to a default sheet, the problem went away.  Time for another class!  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi together,

my guess is that Span Columns was set to All Columns on all paragraphs.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines