• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text over color

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,  I'm a noobie, probably did this wrong.  I made a rectangle of red, then 15 % opacity.  I then put some text overlying.  It was working fine, but after a correction to the text, the type is now 15% opaque and I can't get it back to 100%.  What is the proper way to put text over color?

Thanks,

Jim

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two ways. If you just want the red text frame to be 15% red, you can set it as a tint in the Swatches window.

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 3.13.00 PM.png

If you want to use transparency, you need to switch the Settings For: in the transparency window from the Object (everything) to just the Fill.

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 3.14.52 PM.png

EDIT: A third way similar to the first would be to make a swatch that is the color of light red that you want it to look like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way, select text and then the Stroke icon in the Swatches panel and change the tint percentage (or select the retangle and  select the Fill icon and change the tint percentage).

Screenshot 2020-04-14 at 21.16.28.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you  for the replies.  I will take some time to try out your suggestions.

As a beginner I find Illustrator maddening because it is hard for me to get the same result twice ...

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Illustrator?

You posted in the InDesign forum!

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines