Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text over Video disappears in interactive PDF

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey!

I'm currently having trouble with a problem in InDesign that I just can't fix. I haven't really found anything useful either that offered a solution to the following problem:

I have a small video in a presentation and on top of that video file is some text. Now when I export this into an interactive PDF, the text isn't visible anymore, just the video..

I need this presentation for tomorrow so any quick help would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interactivity is always on top. I strongly suggest reconsidering this design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob will correct me if i am wrong, But i believe interactive elements overaly designs. This means that by default and interactive element will jump to the front of the page to do what it does. In your case, the video will push forward over the text, that is just what it does.

you could make the text, have the video hidden till triggered and make the video appear over the text with a trigger, could be a button, the button could be invisible also; this way only you know the location and you can click that area to make the video appear and play.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
As I said earlier, yes, interactivity always comes to the front, but unless the OP can control everything about the user's choice of application and preferences, a PDF with video is a fool's errand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines